We’re proud to offer a full line of products for breaded foods, whether you primarily hand-bread or you’re looking for a more automated solution. Our selection of over 15 exclusive breadings and marinades have become increasingly popular around the world, while our purpose-built products make the breading process quicker and easier than ever.
Breadings and seasonings give cooked foods much of their flavor and texture, so it’s important to choose well. Henny Penny offers an extensive collection of breading and seasoning formulations, with something for every taste, menu and health concern.
• Make sure product is wet before breading
• Most breadings adhere better when breaded product sits for 15 –30 minutes before frying.
• With finer, granulated breadings, product can be fried immediately.
more breading tips…
• To create hot-spicy flavor, use Cajun Breading or Hot Marinade Seasoning with Marinade Breading.
• For extra crispy texture, bread twice with Double Dip Breading using Double Dip Wash between coatings.
• For excellent batter or tempura texture for shrimp and fish, pre-bread product before dipping in batter.
• This gives it a “dry” medium for better adherence.
SEASON FOR TASTE AND COLOR
Shake-on seasonings, sauces and rubs add appealing color and flavor. When combined with the
right breadings, you can create signature menu items from everyday fried proteins, potatoes and
veggies. Be sure to use Henny Penny breadings, seasonings and marinades for product cooked in
rotisseries and combi’s, as well.
1. Place cleaned and trimmed product into cool water to help breading adhere properly. (Not necessary if using a marinade.)
2. Drain before breading.
3. Dump product into breading. General rule: 1 lb (0.45 kg) breading to 10 lb (4.5 kg) of product.
4. Toss product in breading using both hands. Coat thoroughly. When breading wings, tuck wing tip by bending around and behind end wing segment.
5. Remove excess breading by holding one piece in each hand and tapping knuckles of each hand together.
6. Place breaded product skin side up on sheet pan with grid. When breading chicken, group like parts together.
- Regular PHT Breading: Balanced seasoning and flavor for a well-rounded and complete taste with a soft texture (not crispy).
- Medium Spicy PHT Breading: Well-balanced breading similar in character to Regular PHT w/ selectively added seasonings for additional flavor.
- Spicy PHT Breading: A rich blend of spices and seasonings with a little more flavor and zest added to the Medium Spicy PHT.
- Regular I PHT Breading: A slightly milder version of the Regular PHT breading. Nice golden color and traditional texture.
- All Purpose Seasoning: A superb blend of spices in a versatile shake-on seasoning that adds rich brown color and a slightly sweet flavor.
- Sure Chef Seasoning: Excellent seasoning for everyday use, especially on poultry and veggies. Perfect for rotisserie chicken.
- Nashville Heat: A melt-on seasoning featuring a bold blend of peppers and brown sugar. Shake directly on to food for a spicy kick!