What is Sous Vide Cooking?
Sous vide is a method of cooking food, in a vacuum-sealed pouch at a low temperature, for maximum moisture .retention and enhanced aromas. The result is an even temperature throughout and more robust flavors due to higher liquid retention. Serve consistent and superior products in your restaurant or foodservice operation that are full of flavor, tender and great tasting.
The PrepRite PSV50-WIFI sous vide circulator provides a method of cooking food, in a vacuum-sealed pouch at a low temperature. The sous vide cooking method ensures minimum weight and moisture loss for maximum yield, resulting in consistent and superior meals that are full of flavor, tender and great tasting.
Advantages of Sous Vide Cooking
During sous vide cooking, food is protected by the vacuum cooking bag and does not come into direct contact with the external cooking environment. Therefore, oxygen is not able to penetrate the food and cause oxidation. Thanks to sous vide, foods do not lose their natural colors, nor their nutritional properties. Additionally, all flavors remain in the food along with vitamins and minerals.
- Healthier, more colorful food
- Prolong shelf life up to 3x longer, due to the absence of oxygen
- Cook without the use of additional fats
- Decreased bacteria proliferation
- No evaporation means food weight is maintained
The PSV50-WIFI comes with a core probe for food temperature detection that is composed of an extra fine needle and safety cap. This unique probe allows you to get directly to the core of the product, ensuring an accurate and timely measurement during the sous vide cooking process.
• Remarkably high 13-gallon capacity with 0.2°F precision from 32°F to 203°F
• Built-in touch screen and LCD display for cooking time with ten integrated programs
• Thermal balls (limited time) and core probe included for precise, uniform, and repeatable cooking
• Suitable for all heat resistant containers up to 50 L
• Integrated app and remote WiFi control for optimum control
• Stainless steel AISI 304 construction
• UL certified